[Forum] Fwd: ARISSat-1 update

Tom DF5JL df5jl at web.de
Fri Apr 22 13:21:08 CEST 2011

ARISSat-1 update

Subject: [amsat-bb] ARISSat-1 update
From: G0MRF at xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:56:25 EDT
This is an update on the ARISSat activities.
We had a telecon with the  ARISSat team in Russia. Here is the situation as
described by them. The Russian  suit battery that was intended to be used
on ARISSat was used during testing  both on the ground and onboard ISS when
it first arrived. When it was tested  prior to the planned April 12
operation, it was discovered that the battery was  low on charge.
The suit battery's are specified for only five cycles of  charge.
It was decided to not recharge the battery at this time in order to  keep
the number of cycles as low as possible and thus saving the battery for the
actual mission. That deployment is currently scheduled for July 26. We are
still  trying to get more information on the storage status and the battery
health from  the Russian team. We will keep you informed as we prepare for
the eventual  deployment of ARISSat.

Lou McFadin
W5DID
ARISS US Hardware  manager
--

Tom DF5JL | QTH: 53881 Euskirchen | QTH Loc JO3ØKO | 50.61 N, 6.87 E
QRV via DBØSG Bonn 439.050 MHz | Echolink #25976 | twitter.com/df5jl